Amit Tolat MB BS, MS, FRCS
I qualified in India and moved to the UK in the early nineties. After working as a junior resident in Wales and Liverpool, I was selected for orthopaedic registrar training in the Liverpool and Sheffield higher surgical training programme after which I sub-specialised in hand surgery at Wrightington hospital in Lancashire. I subsequently undertook fellowships at Kings College hospital in London and the world famous May clinic in Rochester USA before achieving consultant status at Medway Maritime hospital.
I now have a 100 per cent upper limb sub-speciality practice at Medway. I have published extensively in peer reviewed journals (17 publications to date) and have contributed to a book chapter on surgery of the elbow (editors Kay and Stanley).
I also a Specialty Tutor at the Royal College in Orthopaedic surgery and is the STC representative from Medway Hospital.
Membership of professional, national and regional bodies
- Member of the International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Member of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Associate member of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Life member of the Mumbai Orthopaedic Association
MS, MCh (Orth), FRCS (Orth) Diploma Ortho Engin Europ Dipl Hand Surgery
Trauma and orthopaedics
Hand and upper limb (shoulder/elbow) surgery
Special clinical interests
- arthroscopy of shoulder and wrist
- arthroplasty in upper limb and reconstructive surgery (nonunions, malunions)
- implant fixation failures
- collagen substitutes in the rotator cuff and radial head replacement